Answer: Please use the following few steps to change your RanceLab® FusionRetail™ 6 software server
Step1: Taking the backup
- Stop and close RanceLab® FusionRetail™ 6 software application in all of your node computers.
- Press Alt + F9 buttons from your keyboard on any screen of RanceLab® FusionRetail™ 6.
- Note the computer name, station name, activation number, build and other details.
- Go to Main > Settings > Database Maintenance >Backup Database (T> D> B) it will take database backup.
- Copy the database backup in any removable device (Pendrive, CD, DVD etc.) for future use.
Step2: Surrender the activation number
- Go to Main Menu > Settings > Licensing > Surrender (T> L> R)
- It will ask for your confirmation to surrender the key.
- Select ‘Yes’ to surrender the key
- Note: Surrendering the key require working internet connection. So before surrendering the key please check your internet connectivity.
Step3: Changing the server and restoring the database.
- Change the computer name of your New Server with the computer name of your old Server,
- Install RanceLab® FusionRetail™ 6 in your new server,
- Install the proper Incremental release (which is running in all of your nodes),
- Click here for detail on ‘setting up the database’
- Restore the data backup,
- Click on next button and select the database name and station name as same in your previous server (already noted in point 2 of step1)
Step4: Some final checking
- Run RanceLab® FusionRetail™ 6 software in all of your nodes and check if it running properly.
- Go to Main Menu > Settings > Application Settings > Station Setup(T> A> S)
- Alt + L
- Select ‘Server’ from the list
- Check the Bill printer/Barcode printer setting for the server, properly.
If the printers are installed on the same port as on the previous server, there is no need to change the setting, else change the setting as per the new server.
For more detail please visit: