Working pattern of a Typical Mithai Shop: At a slightly bigger sweet shop, you might have notice the separate order counter, delivery counter and cash counter. This is done because of a primarily reason which is “the customer need to see the mithai before they buy it”. Another reason is to prevent billing and cash fraud. However the customer satisfaction is the centre of this process.
The shop might have separate sweet counter for example Bengali mitahi, dry fruit mithai, bakery , and low calorie. These are the steps you normally take when you go to buy sweets.
- You goes to dry fruit sweet counter because you need to see the sweets before you buy
- After seeing you gives the order to the dry fruit sweet counter
- Then you goes to other Bengali sweet counter
- You gives the order to the Bengali sweet counter
- Then you goes to cash counter to make payment
- Finally you collect the sweets from delivery counter. End.
Behind the scene process:
At Order Counter
- Order at the sweet counter. Need Computer + Printer at each counter.
- Print ORDER Slip with barcode. A barcode in it will help to save the time of Cashier.
- Print PACKING Slip without barcode
- Pack the Item and Attach PACKING Slip with the packet and send it to delivery counter
- Same process on other counters, until the customer goes to cashier
- There is a need to differentiate the Order Slip with the Final BILL. Visible difference in header and footer is must. Using multi colour stationary is good idea but it’s hard to maintain.
- The order slip will not have the heading, but have the order number. It should clearly say that it is an order not a valid bill.
- The order slip should be numbered day wise so that it can be easily identified by packer , cashier and delivery boy.
- The Order Number (Daily format) to be printed in BOLD fonts that finding the number is easy and less time consuming.
At Cash Counter
- After you are done with ordering, go to cash counter with order slip(s)
- Cash Counter Scan the Slips one by one to create single bill.
- Cash Counter can also create separate bill for each order.
- Collect the payment from you and
- Give you a BILL along with DELIVERY COUPON
- The printout has the delivery detail based on the counters.
- You go to delivery counter. END.
- Cashier is presented with a report showing orders which are still left UNPAID. There are remote possibilities that customer ordered on 2 counters but left the shop (for any reason like urgency or to make fun out of it) without making payment and delivery. These packed sweets may get spoiled if no one notices. This report will save you.
At Delivery Counter
- You go to the delivery counter with BILL along with DELIVERY COUPON
- The delivery boy check the BOLD number in bill,
- Put a Delivered Stamp and makes the delivery.
We are happy to share that FusionRetail™ 6 does this all for you.